Human Library in Auroville
We are excited to announce that The First Human Library Auroville will Hube open atmanscapes Hall, opposite to Kalpana Housing on 23rd of March (Saturday). Time: 5 PM to 8 PM
Human Library is a place where people are Books and reading is a conversation.
It is designed to build a positive framework for conversations that can challenge stereotypes and prejudices through dialogue.
The Human Library is a place where real people are on loan to readers. A place where difficult questions are expected, appreciated and answered.
How does this work?
– Enter the venue anytime between 5 PM to 8 PM
– Take a look at the Books Catalogue and decide the Book titles you would like to read
– Approach the library desk and register for the reading sessions with the Books you would like to read
– Our librarian will take you to the table where you will meet your Human Books and have a conversations session with them!
Readers have participated in the much acclaimed Human Library events all around the world in various ways. They have done so to –
– Step outside their comfort zone and challenge themselves by talking to a human book whose experiences or beliefs are different from their own
– Talk to a book that they can relate to
– Out of curiosity
– To step into someone else’s shoes
– To learn more about a topic or the book’s experience
We will be open from 5 PM to 8 PM.
– Every conversation session will go on for a maximum of 30 minutes.
– You can check-out as many Books you want.
– This is a FREE EVENT
– You can directly walk-in to the venue.
Bring your questions, your doubts and your curiosity!
The Book Catalogue will be published soon!
For any queries – +91 7875197074
Image courtesy of YouthLink, Auroville