- This event has passed.
January 27 @ 3:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Update: Tickets for this event are sold out. If you are interested in this tour, please e-mail us at email@example.com and we will inform you of any tours in the future.
Bahour Village Tour
The town of Bahour has played an important role in both the cultural and natural history of Pondicherry.
Bahour is home to the Chola era Mulanathaswami Temple as well as Bahour Lake, one of region’s most important water-bodies and a significant habitat for migratory birds.
This guided tour of Bahour is part of the Pondicherry Heritage Festival 2019
CLICK THE BOOK NOW BUTTON TO BOOK INSTANTLY
Highlights of the Guided Bahour Village Tour
- Drive through the ‘rice bowl’ of Pondicherry on roads flanked by fields
- Halt at the Ayyanar Temple
- Learn about the incredible legend of Bangari- Singari ; find their memorial / token of memory .
- Discover the water management system instituted here during the French colonial era.
- Catch sunset on the bund of Bahour Lake
- Visit the historic Mulanathaswami Temple, that predates famous Chola temples like the Brahadeeswarar Temple in Thanjavur
COST: Rs. 150*
(excluding internet transaction charges and GST)
The charges cover transport to Bahour and back and all the spots mentioned in the guided tour. The fee is not refundable.
Pick up and drop at Seagulls Restaurant near Old Port
Bus will depart at 2.45 p.m.
You can book this guided tour by clicking the book now button on top of this page. You will receive an sms/ email on confirmation of booking . For any issues related to ticketing, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate resolution.
Pondylive.com is the online media partner of Pondicherry Heritage Festival 2019
PHOTO: KANTHAN DOT