While humans have been writing letters for thousands of years, the postage stamp itself is barely 180 years old. Do you know there are stamps that smell, sing, made out of silk, gold and even have seeds or pearls embedded in them?
Here are some exotic stamps you must see at the Pondy Stamp, Coin and Banknote Fair 2018 which also has some rare Indo-French coins, the world’s largest currency !
1 . This stamp which is also a DVD
2. This football fan’s collectible
3. This moving ‘eye of the storm’ typhoon stamp
4. This stamp which smells like sandalwood
5. And this one which gives you a whiff of coffee
6. This foldable stamp which is essentially a DIY project!
7. This cool hologram stamp featuring the Petronas Twin Towers
8. This stamp which is plated with GOLD!
9. This soft stamp made of silk
10. This motion stamp that gives you Harry Potter vibes!
11. This Cute panda stamp made of ceramic
12. This singing stamp shaped like a record!
13. This sweet butterfly shaped educative stamp
14. This vintage car collection!
15. This stamp embedded with a seed!
16. And this pearl studded one!
17. Well, this one is made of wood!
18. Here is a Braille Stamp
19. Who said handloom was for clothes only?
20. Oh and stamps could be embroidered too!
21. And shaped like bamboo fans
22. This cool Augmented Reality Stamp takes the cake!
Glimpse at all these and more at Vel Sokkanathan Thirumana Nilayam from 10. 30 a.m. to 7 p.m. on August 3, 4 and 5
All images are courtesy of Collexons, 18, Chetty Street, Pondicherry
PondyLive is the contest and online media partner.